as

Tuesday 16 July 2013

English Sentences Types

Hello friends - here you will find the frequently used english sentence types.

1. Command Sentences in English: 

This is used to give commands to people. 
Syntax -
verb + object
Examples

Run for 10 mins
Take a lunch

2. Sentences based on tenses in English: 

There are 4 types of sentences for each tense.
I
Present
Past
Future
simple
I work
I worked
I will work
Imperfect
I am working
I was working
I will be working
Perfect
I have worked
I had worked
I would have worked
Perfect  Imperfect
I have been working
I had been working
I would have been working

We/You/They
Present
Past
Future
simple
We work
We worked
We will work
Imperfect
We are working
We were working
We will be working
Perfect
We have worked
We had worked
We would have worked
Perfect  Imperfect
We have been working
We had been working
We would have been working

(He/She/It)
Present
Past
Future
simple
He works
He worked
He will work
Imperfect
He is working
He was working
He will be working
Perfect
He has worked
He had worked
He would have worked
Perfect  Imperfect
He has been working
He had been working
He would have been working


3. Sentences based on Subject/Object Importance: 

There are 2 types.
  1. Active Voice   (S+V+O)  - I have completed the work.
  2. Passive Voice  (O+V+S)  - The work has been completed by me.

4. Singular/Plural Subjects: 


Singular Subject
Plural Subject
I (am, was, will be)
We (are, were, will be)
You (are, were, will be)
You (are, were, will be)
He/she/it (is, was, will be)
They (are, were, will be)




What do you think on this topic? Please express your opinion through comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable feedback. Your thoughts do matter to us.

Sponsored Links

Popular Posts

Comments

ShareThis