as

Saturday 2 February 2019

My practical car driving test experience in sherwood Brisbane QLD Australia

In this article, I am going to share my practical car driving test experience.

Booking a QLD practical driving test

I booked a test by calling TMR department phone number and paid $65 as a test fee. I chose the "Sherwood" test center. You have choice to select the test center. I would recommend choosing such a center which is located in the suburb where you have done a driving practise. Knowing roads in suburb will help you feel comfortable during test.

On test day

I arrived at the test center 15 mins before actual appointment time with all required documents. Note that if you are using your own car for test, you need to ensure that car is in good condition (roadworthy). But it is not mandatory to produce Roadworthy certificate at the time of test. You need to carry your any existing license, id proof, license application form - QF3000 and appointment sheet - QF3910. You might need to provide car driving instructor details but it is optional. Test examiner verifies all documents. 

Predrive check

During predrive check, examiner checked that all lights and indicators are working fine then tyre conditions and mirrors were also checked. Then She asked me where wipers and hazard lights are located. I answered that correctly. If you fail to answer car control questions correctly, you may fail the test.

Practical car driving test

Finally actual driving test started. Overall I made 6 non-critical errors as mentioned below.

  1. After 1 minute of driving, I came to the railway level crossing. This is where I made first non-critical driving error (NCDE). I failed to scan and observe at the railway level crossing
  2. Next error was that I failed to do shoulder check during slow merging. Whenver you are turning left or right or merging to left or right, you have to do shoulder check. This is also called as blind spot check.
  3. Next error was related to U-turn. Test examiner asked me to do U-turn at T-intersection. I took inappropriate course during U-turn.
  4. Next error was I did not enter the intersection when there was a green light. I kept waiting for oncoming traffic even though I had a chance to cross intersection.
  5. Another NCDE was positioning the 1/3 of vehicle  on the incorrect side of road
  6. Final NCDE I did was driving too slowly at school zone when school holidays were going on. During school holidays, you can drive at normal speed. School zone speed limits apply only during school term is on. I drove at 40 kmph instead of 60 kmph.

Post test assessment report

At the end of test, Examiner said "Congrats! you have passed the test". What a relief it was! She also gave me the driving assessment report mentioning all errors I had made.  You can make maximum of 8 non critical errors, otherwise you would fail the test.

Practical car driving test help

If you need any help related to practical car driving test, please contact me on reply2sagar@gmail.com . I live in Brisbane city and can definitely help you.



What do you think on this topic? Please express your opinion or ask any question through comment below. You can write to me at reply2sagar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable feedback. Your thoughts do matter to us.

Sponsored Links

Popular Posts

Comments

ShareThis