as

Monday 25 May 2015

How to add exe file in visual studio project?

During early days of learning visual studio, I encountered one issue when creating the project in visual studio 2013 community edition.

I wanted to include .exe file into my project so that whenever someone copies the project to other machine, that exe file would be available in the project folder itself.

But when I right clicked on the project folder and selected add new item, I could not find the option to add exe file.

All other file types were available in the dialog as shown below.


Later on I tried selecting other option. I right clicked on the project and selected "add existing item" option which allowed me to browse the exe file I wanted to include into the project.

Please note that you will have to select all files options to select exe file.


What do you think on this topic? Please express your opinion or ask any question through comment below. You can write to me at reply2sagar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable feedback. Your thoughts do matter to us.

Sponsored Links

Popular Posts

Comments

ShareThis