as

Monday 15 December 2014

Conditional statements in English Grammar

Conditional Statements usually start with "if".

There are 4 types of conditional statements in English.
  1. Simple Present + Simple Present 
  2. Simple Present + Simple Future
  3. Simple Past  + would
  4. Past Perfect + would have/had + Past Participle.
Below examples will clarify more about these statements.

Example on Simple Present + Simple Present
If you work abroad, you earn lot of money.

Example on Simple Present + Simple Future
If she accepts my proposal, I will marry her.
If you study hard, you will get a good score.

Example on Simple Past + Would
If He answered the call, I would advise him.
If I were you, I would study in UK.

Example on Past Perfect + Would have/had + Past Participle
If I had travelled by train, I would have died in an accident.
If I had a lot of money, I would travel abroad every month.

What do you think on this topic? Please express your opinion or ask any question through comment below. You can write to me at reply2sagar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable feedback. Your thoughts do matter to us.

Sponsored Links

Popular Posts

Comments

ShareThis