as

Sunday 14 December 2014

Simple English Sentence Structure

In this article, you will learn about the components of simple English sentence.

Any English sentence is made up of the 3 basic components.

  1. Subject
  2. Verb
  3. Object
Example - 

I eat a mango.

In above sentence, I is a subject. "eat" is a verb. Mango is a Object.

To find subject in the sentence, we ask the questions who to verb.
For example - Who eats?
Answer is I.


To find object in the sentence, we ask the questions what to verb.
For example - What I eat?
Answer is Mango.

To find the verb in the sentence, we ask the questions what to Subject.
For example - What I Do?
Answer is eat.

This is the simplest form of English Sentence. There are many other constructs that are available in English Grammar. You can follow this link to know more about English Grammar.

What do you think on this topic? Please express your opinion or ask any question through comment below. You can write to me at reply2sagar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable feedback. Your thoughts do matter to us.

Sponsored Links

Popular Posts

Comments

ShareThis