as

Monday 15 December 2014

Gerunds and Infinitives in English Grammar

Let us understand the difference between Gerund and Infinitives.

  1. Infinitive is basic form of verb. For example - to swim, to shop
  2. Gerund is the noun form of Verb. For example - swimming, shopping

We use gerunds in below scenarios.

  1. As a Subject  - Swimming is good.
  2. After prepositions - before, after, while
  3. After certain verbs like enjoy, love, suggest, avoid, like etc


Examples -

  1. I like swimming.
  2. I went shopping.
  3. She likes listening to the music.
  4. Playing helps you maintain the body.
  5. Writing is my hobby.
  6. I enjoy running.

What do you think on this topic? Please express your opinion or ask any question through comment below. You can write to me at reply2sagar@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your valuable feedback. Your thoughts do matter to us.

Sponsored Links

Popular Posts

Comments

ShareThis